According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website there are things that you can do everyday to disinfect your home if someone is sick. Cleaning frequently touched ares is crucial in reducing the spread of COVID-19. For starters, make sure that you are wearing gloves when you clean and disinfect. Use soap and water to clean “high touch” areas. These surfaces include: tables, counter tops, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, faucets, sinks, desks, phones, keyboards, etc.
To disinfect hard surfaces you can use diluted household bleach solutions for appropriate areas. Do not use expired bleach as it will not be effective against coronaviruses. Make sure that you read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to apply and making sure you have proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. To make a diluted bleach solution mix 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water. You can also use alcohol solutions as long as they are made with at least 70% alcohol.
For soft surfaces, which include: carpets, rugs, or upholstery, Phoenix Carpet Repair & Cleaning is here to help. We offer a deep cleaning service with heightened protocols and can disinfect all areas with a botanical, ready to use disinfectant. This disinfectant is a virucide, which means an agent for destroying viruses. All of our technicians use the following steps when coming to your home to clean your carpet, rugs, or upholstery:
- All of our equipment and vehicles are disinfected everyday using our botanical disinfectant that kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- Technicians will wear protective booties and gloves while in your home.
- Doing a pre-walk through with customer to evaluate all areas we are cleaning.
- Setting up corner guards to protect your walls during cleaning.
- Vacuuming all areas with a commercial grade vacuum.
- Pre-treating the heavy traffic areas and using a spot treatment as needed.
- Cleaning carpet with a truck mounted, hot water extraction, steam cleaning system that uses a neutral rinse to provide a zero residue finish. Meaning that carpets are nice and soft to the touch and there is no soap residue left in the carpet fibers.
- Upon request: Spraying all carpeted areas, rugs and upholstery using a hydro force sprayer with our disinfectant cleaning agent to kill any germs or bacteria that regular cleaning did not remove or kill.
- Finishing with a post-walk through with customer to inspect cleaning and answer any questions or concerns.
Please call our office at 602-688-4186 for questions about our services or to receive a free, over the phone estimate. Also, take a look at the CDC website for additional ways to clean and disinfect things in your home such as laundry, food and trash.